Thursday, November 8, 2012

My ABSOLUTE favorite Gluten Free Dessert these days!

Okay - So, I could go ON and ON about these amazing treats and I have to SERIOUSLY control myself so as not to eat the ENTIRE pan the first day I make them!!!!!! With breastfeeding my diet is even more restricted than my normal G-free routine.... I am also dairy-free and egg-free these days and I limit a whole list of other things too.... but the dessert options take a SERIOUS hit with the combo of gluten, egg and dairy as you can well imagine!! SO, my solution - PAN BARS!!! I make them with a box set that I buy locally at our HEB stores but I know they have them on Amazon too for those without access to an HEB :) Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/123-Gluten-Free-Goodness-20-48-Ounce/dp/B001EQ4ID4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352401347&sr=8-1&keywords=123+gluten+free+pan+bars and if you open the box all the way once you remove the flour inside there are a BUNCH of recipes! I make the egg-free, dairy free type so instead of 3 large eggs I use 1/2 cup + 1tbsp of vegetable oil and half a can of garbanzo beans - you mix those two ingredients thoroughly in a food processor till smooth - then I add the flour mix from the box, and 3/4 of a cup of organic canned pumpkin. After that is all well blended I add a half a bag of giardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips! Bake in a greased 9 x 9 pan on 350 for about 30-33 minutes - then when i take them out i sprinkle powdered sugar on top! Then promptly start trying to talk myself out of eating the ENTIRE pan in one BLISSFUL sitting! ha ;) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment